Friday, May 20, 2011

Cutting and Pasting the Old-Fashioned Way

I have been sending out chapters to the five friends who offered to read for the last several weeks. Two people are ahead, and the other three haven't responded at all so I haven't sent them any this week. But now I've reached a point in my story where I need to do a little rearranging. Chapters 9-12 seem like they might be in the wrong order in places, or perhaps too repetitive.

I'm going to be doing a little cutting and pasting. But, since the section I'm working on is so large, I decided the best way to do that was to print it out and cut apart the scenes. That way I can physically lay them out, move them around, and see what should go where. I feel like I should take a picture of this to post. Maybe I will. Does anyone else do this?

No comments: